The Keep Texas Beautiful Awards recognize the efforts of individuals and groups who make efforts to enhance their community and protect the Lone Star State.
These awards recognize efforts made by individuals and groups in nine different categories to enhance their communities and protect the Texas environment.
Congratulations to the 2014 Keep Texas Beautiful Award winners! Click here for a full list of award winners.
Keep Texas Beautiful Leadership - Bob Horton, Fort Worth
The Keep Texas Beautiful Leadership Award is the most prestigious award Keep Texas Beautiful presents, this once in a lifetime distinction is awarded to an individual who has provided outstanding leadership in the areas of improving and enhancing the environment of their community, the state of Texas and beyond.
OP Schnabel Senior Citizen - Mike McGregor, Lockhart and Dixie McDonald, Katy
The OP Schnabel Senior Citizen Award recognizes senior citizens (age 55+) who demonstrate positive, dynamic and selfless public-spirited leadership in enhancing their local community environment during their lifetime.
Volunteer of the Year - John Reas, Plano
Volunteer of the Year recognizes individuals who support the mission of KTB through extraordinary efforts and contribute to the betterment of their community. For this award, the reporting period is January 1 - December 31, 2013.
Ed Davis Litter Law Enforcement - Al Hamrick, San Saba
The Ed Davis Litter Law Enforcement Award is a once in a lifetime award recognizing a law enforcement professional, such as a police officer, prosecutor, judge or environmental compliance officer, who has gone above and beyond in their approaches to enforcement of environmental laws and regulations. The first place winner will receive a $500 cash award.
The Ebby Halliday & Maurice Acers Business/Industry Award recognizes businesses with sound environmental principles supporting the KTB mission in the following categories:
- Locally Owned - Green Guy Recycling, San Marcos
- State/National - Campbell Timberland Management, Diboll
- Innovation Award - CenterPoint Energy, Houston
- Project - Earth Day Texas and Community Waste Disposal, Dallas
- Program - H2Outreach-City of Mansfield Utility Division, Mansfield
- Innovation Award - Kayak Instruction Foundation, Inc., Rowlett
- City (population 50,000+) - City of Arlington, Forestry and Beautification, Arlington
- City (population under 50,000) - City of Friendswood, Community Services, Friendswood
- State - Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area, Lewisville
- Military - Fort Hood DPW Environmental, Fort Hood
The Media Award recognizes the public awareness and education efforts of media in supporting environmental issues in the following categories:
- Electronic - KTRE TV Channel 9, Pollok
- Print-Daily - The Baytown Sun, Baytown
- Print-Weekly - Fort Hood Sentinel & DPW Environmental, Fort Hood
- Print-Monthly - City of Mansfield, Utility Division, Mansfield