Native Garden GrantsKeep Texas Beautiful (KTB) in partnership with AEP Texas is excited to announce the 2017 Keep Texas Beautiful Native Garden Grants (Native Garden Grants). The Native Garden Grants will provide five affiliate communities with $800.00 and support and materials needed to create and maintain a native plant demonstration garden. These gardens will serve as a model to educate and engage people to grow native species in their own gardens. KTB hopes to join in the excitement to be generated by the annual National Planting Day on September 9th, and create awareness in not only the five communities involved, but throughout Texas.
- $800.00 Grant ($600.00 to be disbursed on September 11. $200.00 given in maintenance assistance once December progress report completed)
- Materials: Sunblock, gardening gloves, and garbage bags
- Additional support: press release, webinar training, templates to assist with seeking additional funding, technical assistance, general admin assistance
- KTB affiliates with Gold Star, Silver Star or Good Standing status in 2017 or new KTB affiliates (applied in last 12 months).
- Garden space identified and permission to build on space granted prior to receiving grant
- Documentation on how drought and water restrictions have affected community
- September 8, 2017: Application due to KTB
- September 11, 2017: Applicants notified.; $600.00 grant monies disbursed
- September 17, 2017: Mandatory informational webinar
- September 25, 2017: Draft of project design completed
- December 15, 2017: Gardens completed
- December 31, 2017: Progress report submitted to KTB. Once progress report submitted KTB will release $200.00 to support maintenance of the garden).
- June 1, 2017: Final progress pictures submitted
- Post progress on KTB’s social media.
- Use of native plants, identified from Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center database or other local resource.
- Create and implement sustainability plan for the garden.
- Involve and empower people to come together and take responsibility for beautification.
- Educate participating volunteers and/or local governments on native plants and how to plant and maintain.
- Attend informational webinar on native planting and project implementation.
- Track the educational meeting and events that take place at/for the garden.
- Share project implementation, results and best practices on KTB Blog Post. Provide 6 and 12 month project report.
- Submit your application by September 8
Sponsored by AEP Texas