Individual and Organization Awards
NOW OPEN! The Keep Texas Beautiful Awards recognize individuals and organizations who have committed to enhancing their community and protecting the Lone Star State. This category identifies individuals, businesses, media outlets and government agencies who have made an impact in their community and helped further our vision to make Texas the cleanest, most beautiful state in the nation. The Individual and Organization Awards application will close on February 14, 2020 at 5 p.m. CT.
After much deliberation, KTB leadership has decided to streamline the Individual and Organization awards by offering fewer awards categories. These changes allow for increased efficiency from staff and elevate the prestige of the KTB awards program. Also, beginning this year, there will be no application fee for the KTB Individual and Organization awards, as well as the KTB Youth and Educator awards, which will open March 9th. Winners from both awards programs will be celebrated at the KTB Annual Conference in Houston from June 15-17, 2020. A maximum of 5 nominations per nominator per category is allowed. We reserve the right to move any submission to a different category in which it better fits.
Interested in nominating an individual or organization? Create an account using our Awards Software below.
Individual Award Categories
Keep Texas Beautiful Leadership Award
The most prestigious award Keep Texas Beautiful presents, this once-in-a-lifetime distinction is awarded to an individual who has provided outstanding leadership in improving and enhancing the environment of their community, the state of Texas and beyond.
OP Schnabel Volunteer of the Year
Recognizes individuals who support the mission of KTB through extraordinary volunteer efforts and contribute to the betterment of their community.
Organizational Award Categories
Ebby Halliday & Maurice Acers Business/Industry Award
Recognizes one business with sound environmental principles supporting the Keep Texas Beautiful mission, including locally owned, state, or national businesses.
Outstanding Program Award
Recognizes outstanding contributions by civic organizations and city/county/state government departments, divisions or agencies supporting the KTB mission through a specific program.
Outstanding Project Award
Recognizes outstanding contributions by civic organizations and city/county/state government departments supporting the KTB mission through projects or events.
Public Education and Outreach Award
Recognizes the public awareness and education efforts of civic organizations and city/county/state government departments in print and/or electronic media in supporting environmental issues. This award is also applicable to media outlets.
- Background/History: Provide a profile of the organization or individual, including their history of sustained engagement with the local KTB affiliate and/or other community environmental organization(s). (10 points, 200 words maximum)
- Leadership: Explain how the nominee’s leadership efforts have impacted the community. Has the nominee been a model or mentor for others in the community? (20 points, 200 words maximum)
- Impact: Briefly describe how their efforts improved the community’s environment and any results that were measured by their involvement. How have the nominee’s efforts helped make their community a move vibrant, better place to live, work and play? (20 points, 200 words maximum)
- Innovation: Describe unique and/or creative ways in which the nominee went above and beyond the call of duty through their work or volunteerism. Do their achievements involve a new concept, process or technology? (20 points, 200 words maximum)
- KTB Mission: Describe how the nominee supports the KTB mission, “to inspire and empower Texans to keep our communities clean and beautiful”. (20 points, 200 words maximum)
- Supplemental Materials: Used to substantiate the responses in your written summary. Upload 2-5 items, such as newspaper articles, letters of recognition, photographs, awards and printed brochures. Supplemental materials must be from 2019. (10 points)
- Previous first place winners will not be eligible to win in the same category again until three years after their win. For example, 2018 winners will be eligible to win in the same category again in 2021. Please see chart below for clarity:
Year Won Year Eligible Again 2017 2020 2018 2021 2019 2022
All applications should detail programming, events and service from January 1 - December 31, 2019, with the exception of the Leadership Award. The application will open on January 20 and close on February 14, 2020 at 5 p.m. CT. Late, emailed, mailed or faxed entries will be automatically disqualified.
A maximum of 5 nominations per nominator per category is allowed. We reserve the right to move any submission to a different category in which it better fits.
Congrats to our 2019 winners. See the full list of winners here.
Award Announcement & Presentation
All award winners will be recognized at the annual Keep Texas Beautiful Conference held June 15-17, 2020 in Houston, TX. One winner per category will be selected. Winners will receive an invite to attend and details when available.
Featured ContentKeep Texas Beautiful Honors 2019 Individuals and Organizations
Guest Blog: Judging for Keep Texas Beautiful’s 2019 Award Season