Youth and Educator Awards
Nominations for the Keep Texas Beautiful Awards recognize the efforts made by youth and educators working to improve and beautify their communities. The Youth and Educator Awards application will open on March 3, 2020 and close on April 3, 2020. Check back for more details. First-place winners in each category are recognized at the annual KTB Conference, receiving a cash prize and award.
Recognizing the efforts and leadership of youth (as individuals and their collective efforts as a group or team) and youth-oriented organizations to beautify the community and create cleaner, greener campuses, parks and neighborhoods.
- Youth Individual is defined as a student, scout, youth advisory board member, etc.
- Youth Organization is defined as a scout group, student-led organization, youth advisory board, etc.
Recognizing the efforts of educators and educational institutions that provide instruction/programming to Pre K-college students to encourage youth involvement and promote the KTB mission through environmental education.
- Educator is defined as a formal or informal instructor, school staff, volunteer, etc.
- Educational Institution is defined as a school, non-profit providing educational programming, school district, off-campus club, etc.
Read more about last year's winners on our blog.
A maximum of 5 nominations is allowed per category.
- Background/History: Provide a brief history or background of the nominee as it pertains to the application. (10 points, 300 words maximum)
- Leadership: Explain how the nominee’s leadership efforts impacted the success of a project or program. (20 points, 300 words maximum)
- Impact: List how activities improved, beautified and preserved the visual aspects of your community, helped to positively change people's attitudes and behaviors, or minimized the impact of waste and promoted responsible waste handling. Add any statistical information, if applicable. (20 points, 300 words maximum)
- Innovation: Describe unique and/or creative ways the nominee went above and beyond the call of duty. (20 points, 300 words maximum)
- KTB Mission: Describe how the nominee supports the KTB mission, “to inspire and empower Texans to keep our communities clean and beautiful.” (20 points, 300 words maximum)
- Supplemental Materials: Used to substantiate the responses in your written summary. Upload 2-5 items, such as letters of support, pictures from events, flyers promoting an event, scanned page of a notebook, etc. (10 points)
- Previous first-place winners will not be eligible to win in the same category again until three years after their win. For example, 2018 winners will be eligible to win in the same category again in 2021. Please see chart below for clarity:
Year Won Year Eligible Again 2017 2020 2018 2021 2019 2022
All applications must be in reference to efforts made during 2019. All KTB Youth/Educator award nominations must be submitted by Friday, April 3, 2020 at 5 p.m. CST.
A maximum of 5 nominations per nominator per category is allowed. We reserve the right to move any submission to a different category in which it better fits. If this is your first time applying, you will need to create an account at https://ktb.secureplatform.com/a/organizations/main/home There you will be able to choose which award you are nominating for and fill out the application. There is no longer a fee to apply for any of the KTB awards.
Awards Announcement & Presentation
Award winners will be posted on the KTB website and recognized at the annual Keep Texas Beautiful Conference held June 15-17 in Houston, TX.
Featured ContentKeep Texas Beautiful Honors 2019 Youth and Educators
Guest Blog: Judging for Keep Texas Beautiful’s 2019 Award Season